After surgery, your safe care is required!
Grand Plastic Surgery has managed keeps your beauty through ‘self-care program’.
Swelling care with applying an ice pack
Applying an ice pack
- Applying an ice pack makes a pain easier and subsides swelling easier by contraction of the blood vessels.
A timely manner
- Between the 2nd and the 3rd day after surgery, the effect of applying an ice pack is the best.
- After that, applying a hot pack is better. Applying an ice pack is less effective after 2 or 3 weeks.
- There are several kinds of an ice pack (provision from a hospital, purchase from a pharmacy, or homemade).
- Grand plastic surgery provides our patients a pack which is all available by an ice pack and a hot pack.
- When a frozen ice pack is melted a little, use the ice pack after rubbing its frozen part gently.
- Wrap an ice pack in a handkerchief.
- If you put a frozen pack on your surgical region directly, you could suffer from frostbite.
- Apply an ice pack on the forehead, between the eyes, around the cheeks with a wrapped ice pack.
- Do ont apply an ice pack over 3 minutes continuously.
- Repeat to take a break for 10 minutes and apply an ice pack for 3-7 minutes again, being careful to being dry your surgical region.
- If you have a poor sense due to an apoplexy or nerve damage, you must keep the exact time strictly.
Swelling care with applying an hot pack
Applying a hot pack
- Applying a hot pack plays a role in reducing the bruise because it is effective to increase the amount of the blood circulation which moves wastes in the body quickly.
A timely manner
- From the 3rd day after surhery, apply an ice pack and a hoe pack alternately.
- From the 5th day after surgery, apply a hot pack only.
- Dip a pack in the hot water for 10 minutes or so, or heat up a pack in the microwave, and use.
- Have a care when using the microwave, there can be a burst of a pack by long time heating.
- Wrap a heated pack in a handkerchief.
- Check its temperature with your hands.
- Apply a hot pack on the forehead, areoud the cheeks with a wrapped hot pack.
- If you put a hot pack on your surgical region directly, you could suffer burns.
- Do not apply an ice pack over 3 minutes comtinuously.
- Repeay to take a break for 10 minutes and apply an ice pack for 3-7 minutes again.
- Applying a lotion on your skin can have the higher retes of burns.