Our guide to a successful Eyes & Nose surgery
- If you use adhesive tape or glue to create double eyelids, stop using them at least two weeks prior as it can cause complications during surgery.
- Inform us of any eye problems or chronic eye diseases.
- Have any problems looked at in advance including dry eyes, conjunctivitis, honieolum, etc.
- Inform us if you had a cold, inflammation, a boil etc, within the three weeks prior to nose surgery.
- If you have rhinitis or sinusitis let us know; we will prescribe medicine so it won’t cause complications during recovery.
- Remove any face makeup and ensure cleanliness
- Avoid accessories (jewels)
- Prepare a cap and mask to prevent discomfort when you arrive home
- Avoid wearing contact lens or glasses on the day of surgery. Depending on the doctor’s orders,
we recommend not wearing them for 2-3 weeks prior.
- Male patients should shave their face before surgery
Things to Remember Prior to Surgery Day
- Refrain from long term usage of medicine for 2 weeks before surgery including: Aspirin; cold medicine; hormonal agents including contraceptives; oriental medicine including steroids, red ginseng, or vitamin E.
- Refrain from smoking and drinking alcohol for 3 days before surgery. They can worsen your condition and cause inflammation.
- Surgery should be delayed if you have a cold, high fever, phlegm, or a cough. Please let us know in advance.
- Avoid being on your menstrual period, as bleeding could be severe
- Inform us of any diseases you had treated or are currently treating.
- Get enough sleep the night before; it can prevent severe swelling.
Things to Remember on Surgery Day
- Refrain from eating 8 hours before surgery if you will be getting general anesthesia
(including water, gum, candy, etc.) If you will be conscious during sedation, you can have a light meal or beverage.
- On the day of surgery, take a shower and brush your teeth before coming to the hospital.
- In case you are required to stay overnight please bring necessary personal belongings
(basic cosmetics, hair band, phone charger etc.).
- Arrive 30 minutes before your appointment time on the day of surgery.
- We recommend not operating a motor vehicle after surgery.