Overly Nose (Surgically Obvious Nose)
- Overly nose (surgically obvious nose) is, if
- your previous surgery makes the glabella too high,
- the tip of the nose too sharp, or the nose too big compare
- to your face without considering harmony of your face.
- Also, in case of wrong surgical plan or dissatisfaction or surgically
- obvious from the previous surgery, requires the Revision Rhinoplasty.
- The cause of problem for Revision Rhinoplasty needs to be accurately judged
- to decide the method of the surgery, therefore,
- very experienced surgeon has to operate for the highly satisfied result.
- Revision surgery is required by replacing the implant in case of the nasal
- bridge is too high compare to your face or the implant is too obvious.
A high nasal bridge
- Revision surgery is required by replacing the implant on the tip in case of very high
- nasal tip compare to the nasal bridge or mismatch with one's face. (choose from
- septum cartilage, ear cartilage, or alloderm.)
A high nasal tip
- n case of under corrected hump, the hump may reoccure or still remain. Also, in case of
- removing hump excessively, it may even deform the depresison.
- ▶ In case of the bone part of hump is remaining - reperforming the Reductive Rhinoplasty
- ▶ In case of the bone part of hump is no left - reperforning the Reductive Rhinoplasty by
- using the cartilage
Non or under corrected hump
- In case of inserting implant on the wide nose to make the nasal line without narrowing the nasal bone to augment the nasal
- bridge or without removing the hump to hide the hump, the nasal bridge tents to be too high. After the removing the original
- implant, the new implant which suits one’s nose is inserted in order to bring down to the ideal height.
Revision Rhinoplasty_Overly Nose(Surgically Obvious Nose) -> High Nasal Bridge
- Revision surgery is required by replacing the implant on the tip in case of very high nasal tip compare to
- the nasal bridge or mismatch with one's face. (choose from septum cartilage, ear cartilage, or alloderm.)
Revision Rhinoplasty _ Only the tip looks too obvious
- In case of under corrected hump, the hump may reoccure or still remain. Also, in case of removing hump excessively,
- it may even deform the depresison.
Revision Rhinoplasty _ Surgically obvious looking nose with hump
- For nose bridge- we use Gore-Tex and artificial silicon
- For nose tip- we use autologous cartilage from nasal septum and ear
- (Different type of material can be used depending on the nose shape and thickness of the skin)
Post-operative care for rhinoplasty is also important!
- Ice-pack applying right after the surgery is helpful to reduce swelling.
- After the surgery, swelling and bruises are shown differently in individuals. Avoid putting down your head or lying faced down
- while sleeping. It is also helpful to support your back and neck with 2-3 soft pillows for reducing swelling or pain when sleeping.
- You may have nosebleeds for initial 1-2 days from the surgery day. If nose-bleeding, please wipe out with clean tissues.
- After the surgery, your nose needs to be fixed with taping till the nose settles down. (Do not take off the tapes voluntarily.)
- After the surgery, drinking alcohol and smoking should be avoided for at least 3 weeks because they make scar healing prolonged.
- After the surgery, blowing your nose should be avoided and wearing glasses or sunglasses should not be done for a month.
- Major swelling will almost go away after a week from nose bridge while minor swelling will still remain on glabellas and nose tip.
- These swelling will be shown differently and recovered slowly according to individuals.
- Going for sauna or hot spring should be avoided for 3 weeks.
Every patient has the swelling after the surgery but there will be differences depending on individual constitution