- Grand’s nostrils & nasal alar revision is for deformed nostril shape,
- asymmetric nostrils or the nose tip being still bulbous even
- after a rhinoplasty already performed.
- The cause of problem for Revision Rhinoplasty needs to be accurately judged
- to decide the method of the surgery, therefore,
- very experienced surgeon has to operate for the highly satisfied result.
- In some cases, nose tip and nasal alar become hollow, leading the nostrils
- to block, when inhalation of breath is taken, This phenomenom could be
- presented when lower lateral cartilages are seriously damaged or cut.
- Cartilago alaris needs to be corrected to be symmetric. If needed, septal
- cartilage requires to be built upon the middle of nose (collumella) as a role of the pillar in nose.
- Nostrils could become asymmetric due to either congenital or acquired
- reason(with unbalanced septal cartilage or lower lateral catilages
- caused by a rhinoplasty). In revision, cartilago alaris needs to be
- corrected to be symmetric. If necessary, septal cartilage requires
- to be built up on the middle of nose (collumella) as a role of the pillar in nose.
- Support with septal cartilage / Subcautaneous tissues removal
Nose tip being still heavily bulbous desipite
a rhinoplasty already done
- For nose bridge- we use Gore-Tex and artificial silicon
- For nose tip- we use autologous cartilage from nasal septum and ear
- (Different type of material can be used depending on the nose shape and thickness of the skin)
Post-operative care for rhinoplasty is also important!
- Ice-pack applying right after the surgery is helpful to reduce swelling.
- After the surgery, swelling and bruises are shown differently in individuals. Avoid putting down your head or lying faced down
- while sleeping. It is also helpful to support your back and neck with 2-3 soft pillows for reducing swelling or pain when sleeping.
- You may have nosebleeds for initial 1-2 days from the surgery day. If nose-bleeding, please wipe out with clean tissues.
- After the surgery, your nose needs to be fixed with taping till the nose settles down. (Do not take off the tapes voluntarily.)
- After the surgery, drinking alcohol and smoking should be avoided for at least 3 weeks because they make scar healing prolonged.
- After the surgery, blowing your nose should be avoided and wearing glasses or sunglasses should not be done for a month.
- Major swelling will almost go away after a week from nose bridge while minor swelling will still remain on glabellas and nose tip.
- These swelling will be shown differently and recovered slowly according to individuals.
- Going for sauna or hot spring should be avoided for 3 weeks.
Every patient has the swelling after the surgery but there will be differences depending on individual constitution