Nose Revision Surgery
- In case of the shape of the nose is not the one you expected
- after the surgery, the implant is too high,
- the tip of the nose is too sharp, artificial material is too
- movable, or if the nose has got lowered or inflammation
- has occurred, Revision Rhinoplasty is necessary.
- The cause of problem for Revision Rhinoplasty needs
- to be accurately judged to decide the method of the surgery,
- so very experienced surgeon has to operate for the highly satisfied result.
- To complete the desired shape and to operate safely, the failing cause of previous surgery
- should be analyzed before the Revision Rhinoplasty.
- Preserve the tissues in original condition through the limited sublation.
- Design after analyzing the general shape of face, the skin and shape around the nose.
- The burden surgery is ▼ satisfaction of the design is ▲ it is a customized surgery.
The artificial material is to be seen through the skin
- In case of silicone is inserted to heighten the nosebridge and the tip, and silicone is to be
- seen through the skin, cartilage or artificial thick skin is used to higher the tip and for the
- nosebridge, Gore-tax or autologus tissue is used to heighten depends on the condition.
The skin looks red because it has got thinner
- Remove the implant and autologus tissue or Gore-tax is used to heighten the nose,
- and in case of too thin skin the silicone is removed and another operation is
- necessary to heighten the nose.
The nose with crooked implant
- The Revision Rhinoplasty is operated by inserting the artificial material under the
The height of the nose is too high or too low from the previous surgery
- If it is too high or too low, the artificial material has to be removed and shaped
- according to the size of the nose, and inserted again.
The nose with foreign substance is inserted
- In case of inserted foreign substance into the nose, the scars are formed
- because of the foreign substance so the foreign substance is removed and
- the nose is heightening by dermal fat graft.
- Bridge of the nose: uses artificial silicon or Gore-Tex
- Tip of the nose: uses cartilage of nasal septum, cartilage of ears.
- After the surgery, if nosebleed for one or two days, wipe it with clean tissues.
- After the surgery, fixed with the tape until it is settled. (don’t take it off voluntarily)
- After the surgery, not to blow nose harsh, and it is better to wear glasses or sunglasses for a month.
- Tape is removed after 5 days, and stitches are removed after 7 days.
- Swelling on the bridge of nose will subside in about a week.
- Minor swelling remains on glabella and on tip of the nose, and it heal differently depending on each person’s type.
Swollen occurs differently for everyone and it depends on each person’s type.