For bigger eyes and smoother double eyelids.
Magic Epicanthoplasty can enlarge your eyes by lengthening the corners!
If the distance between your eyes is greater than the ideal length, it can be shortened with Magic Epicanthoplasty. The fold of skin covering the inner corner of your eye, a feature typical of Asians, is referred to as Mongolian folds. These can be eliminated to enlarge your eyes horizontally. Various conditions can be corrected with this procedure, including fierce-looking eyes, angular double eyelids, cross eyes and if the eyelashes are poking your eyes.
Magic Epicanthoplasty is suitable for patients with Mongolian folds whose eyes appear smaller and wider apart due to the covering of the innermost part of the eye. If your eyes slant upwards or if the area between your eyebrows appears too large, you are an ideal candidate for this procedure.
- How long does surgery take?
- It takes about 30 minutes to complete and the result is very effective considering
it’s a very simple procedure.
- How long is the recovery period?
- After 5-7 days the stitches are removed and major swelling has disappeared.
Surgical Procedure (for patients with Mongolian folds)
- By pulling on the skin, a design is drawn on.
- After local anesthesia, an incision is made along the pre-designed line.
- The skin inside the incision is separated from the surrounding tissue.
- The separated skin is repositioned and fixed to the prior Mongolian fold line. If necessary, excess skin is removed.
- The incision is sutured.