Lower Jaw Surgery
occlusion unlike other two jaw surgery
lower jaw to upper jaw with orthodontic after jaw correction surgery.
lower jaw bone to an ideal position
and ability to apply it according
to each individual’s condition and
problem is important.
Lower Jaw Surgery by collaboration of
plastic surgery and oral surgery.
of oral surgery = Grand’s Lower Jaw Surgery
of plastic surgeryfunctional effect
of oral surgery
treatment of temporomandibular related disease by specialized surgeon before and
after lower jaw surgery.
using water and laser.
and result prediction
by 3D CT scan
with delicate and
lower jaw getting wide after the surgery and connects jaw line naturally from the back to give
slimmer effect as well.
vessels are, therefore, surgery should be operated by an experienced and expert surgeon.
problems such as food masticatory function disturbance and temporomandibular pain
therefore the result is prominent and satisfaction is high.
Completion of higher looking nose and three dimensional face line is possible by not just
correcting mouth and jaw to the mouth but also changing overall facial structure.
after care system to reduce swelling and apin after lower jaw surgery.
It is difficult for an accurate diagnosis with existing 2D (panorama, X-ray) system due to an error by showing three dimensional face to flatways.
‘Scientific Diagnosis’ and ‘Complex Therapy’ influence surgery result.
through 3D CT
· Stable healing is possible due to wide contact
surface between bone.
· Jaw wired shut period is shorter.
· Early function of lower jaw bone is possible.
· Only SSRO is possible for short chin correction.
· Shape of chin bone can be created in the beginning.
· Complete fixation can strain temporomandibular
· Possibility of nerve damage due to separating
lower jaw bone where nerves are, into two pins.
· Operation hour is longer than IVRO.
· Full recovery of lower jaw could be slower than IVRO.
· No strain on joint with no wire,
temporomandibular area can be freely located therefore
temporomandibular disease and illness can be reduced.
· Surgery is performed at the back where nerves are on
lower jaw, which greatly reduces possibility
of nerve damage.
· Fast recovery is possible due to shorter operation hour
compared to SSRO.
· Initial physical treatment period is required, however, full
functional recovery of lower jaw is faster than
SSRO due to no strain on temporomandibular joint.
· Screw on surgical area is not visible on radiation photo.
· As the jaw boned are not fixed together, the mouth
needs to be tied together in order to stabilize the lower
· In the early stages, the overlapped bone at the back
of the jaw may be felt with touch.
· This method is difficult to apply for partients with small
Grand’s medical professionals collaborative system
with comfortable treatment and postoperative care by systematically accurate collaborative
system and composition of medical professionals
Team of Anesthesiologist
for Facial Contouring Surgery
Post surgery treatment
under exclusive supervision
in case of local black out
swiftly and accurately on emergency
situation that might happen during
two jaw / facial contouring surgery.
that could happen with
intensively managed care
meticulously checks each
patient’s heart beat and
disinfectant system with
most advanced various
sterilizer and sterilant
for safe and clean surgery
lantern jaw without
long jaw without
wide lower jaw
second day of surgery
∙ Taking thin rice gruel & watery porridge & juice is possible
though intake of regular food would be uncomfortable due to
swelling, wound and drainage inside the mouth
∙ Continously apply ice pack in the hospital
3D CT scan
∙ Wear wafer & Taking regular food is possible as
jaw bone is not fixed
as porridge, steamed egg, tofu except solid food
wound inside the mouth and teeth condition
by oral surgeon
∙ Usage of ice pack and taking soft food to not strain
jaw is possible
jaw and cheekbone surgery
∙ Moderate exercise (light walking) is recommended to
help reduce swelling
∙ May return back to work after one week, though
there will be some swelling
- It is advised to use ice pack right after the surgery until swelling goes down.
- Fasting for a day after the surgery and taking soft food (thin rice gruel, juice, milk and drinkable liquid food) is recommended.
- Taking normal food is possible 2 weeks after the surgery, however, cut side dishes into pieces and eat solid food 4 weeks after the surgery.
- Wear compression band for 3-4 days after the surgery and avoid bending head down or lying on the stomach. Sleeping with 2-3 pillows under the head will help with subsiding pain.
- Gargle to keep clean inside the mouth after taking meal in order to prevent inflammation and infection inside the mouth.
- Smoking and drinking will slow down healing wound. If unavoidable, they are possible 3-4 weeks after the surgery.
- Going through heavy shock should be avoided.