- Grand’s Insufficient Nose is in case of having
- lowered-looking nose due to improper surgery plan
- or lowering of the implant over time which makes an
- unsatisfactory nose esthetically rather than a beautiful nose.
- However, this unsatisfactory nose can achieve the beautiful nose
- by re-augmenting from the nose bridge to the tip with Revision Rhinoplasty.
- The cause of problem for Revision Rhinoplasty needs to be accurately judged
- to decide the method of the surgery, therefore,
- very experienced surgeon has to operate for the highly satisfied result.
- If your nose is still low even after the surgery, Customized Revision Rhinoplasty is performed considering
- the one's nose size after removing the original implant.
- Nose Tip has week supporting structure compare to nose bridge, therefore, the basic structure of the nose tip should be
- strengthened The pillar is set in order to support the tip strongly by using the suptum cartilage and artificial bone of nose,
- then the which is inside cartilage is grafted on the top of it.
Initailly Low Nose Tip
- Your nose tip tends to be lowered or droopy over time because the structure which supports the tip strongly enough was not
- created from the previous surgery.
- Creating the support structure which is soft as well as strong (Redesign the basic structure with septum cartilage,
- artificial bone, etc. ) with autologous cartilage maintains the shape of the nose tip properly.
Lowered Tip over time
- It may happen if subcutaneous fat is not removed properly or too wide cartilage is placed over.
- Subcutaneous fat is removed properly and narrower cartilage is grafted in order to make the nose tip sleek and natural.
Turned into blunt nose tip over time
- For nose bridge- we use Gore-Tex and artificial silicon
- For nose tip- we use autologous cartilage from nasal septum and ear
- (Different type of material can be used depending on the nose shape and thickness of the skin)
Post-operative care for rhinoplasty is also important!
- Ice-pack applying right after the surgery is helpful to reduce swelling.
- After the surgery, swelling and bruises are shown differently in individuals. Avoid putting down your head or lying faced down
- while sleeping. It is also helpful to support your back and neck with 2-3 soft pillows for reducing swelling or pain when sleeping.
- You may have nosebleeds for initial 1-2 days from the surgery day. If nose-bleeding, please wipe out with clean tissues.
- After the surgery, your nose needs to be fixed with taping till the nose settles down. (Do not take off the tapes voluntarily.)
- After the surgery, drinking alcohol and smoking should be avoided for at least 3 weeks because they make scar healing prolonged.
- After the surgery, blowing your nose should be avoided and wearing glasses or sunglasses should not be done for a month.
- Major swelling will almost go away after a week from nose bridge while minor swelling will still remain on glabellas and nose tip.
- These swelling will be shown differently and recovered slowly according to individuals.
- Going for sauna or hot spring should be avoided for 3 weeks.
Every patient has the swelling after the surgery but there will be differences depending on individual constitution