- It happens when insertion of implant did not suit to an individual,
- nose that has allergies or
- infection would need nose revision surgery.
- The cause of problem for Revision Rhinoplasty needs to be accurately judged
- to decide the method of the surgery, therefore,
- very experienced surgeon has to operate for the highly satisfied result.
- Removal of foreign substance (silicone or implant from inside of nose)
- is needed ▶ First of all infected area should be settled down to proceed
- with revision surgery and then by using cartilage without any implant
- such as nasal septum or costal cartilage to design new nose.
- For nose bridge- we use Gore-Tex and artificial silicon
- For nose tip- we use autologous cartilage from nasal septum and ear
- (Different type of material can be used depending on the nose shape and thickness of the skin)
Post-operative care for rhinoplasty is also important!
- Ice-pack applying right after the surgery is helpful to reduce swelling.
- After the surgery, swelling and bruises are shown differently in individuals. Avoid putting down your head or lying faced down
- while sleeping. It is also helpful to support your back and neck with 2-3 soft pillows for reducing swelling or pain when sleeping.
- You may have nosebleeds for initial 1-2 days from the surgery day. If nose-bleeding, please wipe out with clean tissues.
- After the surgery, your nose needs to be fixed with taping till the nose settles down. (Do not take off the tapes voluntarily.)
- After the surgery, drinking alcohol and smoking should be avoided for at least 3 weeks because they make scar healing prolonged.
- After the surgery, blowing your nose should be avoided and wearing glasses or sunglasses should not be done for a month.
- Major swelling will almost go away after a week from nose bridge while minor swelling will still remain on glabellas and nose tip.
- These swelling will be shown differently and recovered slowly according to individuals.
- Going for sauna or hot spring should be avoided for 3 weeks.
Every patient has the swelling after the surgery but there will be differences depending on individual constitution