Double Eyelid Scarring
- Generally, scars made by double eyelid surgery and become lighter
- after 3-6months. In case of severe scarring made by inexperienced
- suturing in incision method of double eyelid surgery, Grand’s
- revision for double eyelid scarring needs to be done.
- With keloid patients, scars are normally remained after eye surgery.
- However, if a person with no features of keloid has scars
- caused by eye surgery, this person also will
- need Grand’s revision for double
- eyelid scarring.
- In general, scars become lighter 3-6 months
- after double eyelids surgery.
- A certain method should be selected for revision,
- which follows from examination of the exact cause. To do so,
- revision should be done by a plastic surgery specialist who has
- extensive experiences in performing eye revision so that satisfactory
- results can be expected.
Scars created by multi-locking method
- If double folds are strongly sutured by non-incision method, scars could
- be created. In this case, moderately re-suturing of double folds is
- performed or fat on upper eyelids is removed, which is folllowed by having
- incision method.
Scars created by incision method
- Considerably noticeable scars need the revision for double eyelid scarring.
- For the revision, scarring areas are eliminated and re-sutured.
Reconstruction of medial epicanthoplasty
- If medial epicanthoplasty has been overdone or scars are considerably
- severe, medial epicanthoplasty should be re-performed through
- reconstructive operation as revision.It is to reconstruct the eye
- condition by lowing upper part of Mogolian folds with lifting lower
- part of Mogolian folds.
After care of eye surgery is also important!
- Ice-pack will help with bruises and swelling. Use it straight after the surgery until major swelling goes down.
- Bruising or swelling may occur depending on every individual, try to avoid bending down with your head or sleep on your stomach, use 2 to 3 comfy pillows on your head during sleep, it will help with the swelling and pain.
- Do not cry a lot (avoid tears), do not strongly rub your eyelid and also avoid tightly closing eyes.
- Try to avoid drinking and smoking for 3 to 4 weeks as it will make scars to heal slowly.
- Do not wear contact lenses for 3 weeks. Wear glasses or sunglasses during the period.
- Fake eyelashes can be applied 1 month after the surgery.
- Avoid going to hot dry sauna for 3 weeks.
Every patient has swelling after the surgery, however depending
on individual constitution may affect the condition.